The first baptizing done by Walter was in Silvercreek at Pickabo, Idaho on February 3, 1928.
The Oregon City Church was established on December 12, 1933. The first meeting was held in the home of Lawrence Webb on Mt. View Street. The baptizing took place in the Molalla River by Charlie Smith. Two days later, on December 14, Walter baptized three more believers.
The church outgrew the homes in a short time and held meetings in the small Community building on Molalla Avenue. In 1945, the old Claremont School was purchased. This burned on May 20, 1946.
The next building was started at noon July 10, 1946, and held the first meeting September 8, 1945. This building was added onto and the baptismal tank was installed in 1954.
The last baptizing in the Clackamas River was by Walter, April 4, 1954.
The first baptizing in the tank was by Walter, June 13, 1954. Twenty-two believers were baptized that day.
On February 19, 1960, a Box Social was held to raise the money for a new building. At this first Box Social, the church honored Sister Eva on her 80th birthday by selling her basket for $50. There were 205 boxes sold that night.
The second Box Social was held on Sunday, June 26, 1960. On November 30th, the Walker and Green Construction Company bid was accepted and the present building was started on December 4, 1960.
On Sunday, June 25, 1961, the first meeting was held in the new building.
In the Spring of 1968, Walter White decided that he would perform his last baptisms. Between March 17, 1968 and May 5, 1968, Walter baptized 56 people.