The reason people awaken is because they have finally stopped agreeing with things that insult their soul.
A friend posted this quote on Facebook earlier this week and I couldn’t stop thinking about it. I wondered what the agenda was. What are people awakening from? Who said it? I spent almost an hour search the Internet to find the source of the quote, to no avail.
Here are a few things on my list of things that I have stopped agreeing to:
- God is mad at me.
- I’m not good enough.
- Men are better than women.
- Other people’s choices define how I live my life.
- I cannot share the good news of Jesus’s love and sacrifice because I’m female.
- Everyone not born into a small sect in Oregon City is doomed, worldly, unworthy of God’s love.
- Seeking medical intervention for children (and adults) who are suffering is defying God.
- Commandments and biblical rules are given to scare us into obedience.
- People cannot change.
- I’m going to Hell.
There are more, but I'd rather hear from you ... what things have you stopped agreeing to?