I was reading the recent stories from my favorite newspaper, The Oregonian, and came across a terribly sad report (click here to read the story). A physically-normal three-year-old girl choked on a meatball and died on Monday while at daycare. Who would think?
The fact that she was at daycare and not with her parents – so sad! These parents will have to live without their little girl forever knowing they were not with her in her final moments. These things happen all too often – a four-year-old chokes on a popcorn kernel in a movie theater (or a bunch of people are randomly gunned down in a theater). Families send their first and second graders to school, but they never make it home. You just never know when someone you love is going to be taken.
Please give your kids a hug and pray for this grieving family.