Friday, August 2, 2013

Day 02. Something You Love About Yourself


I love that I am tenacious. When I decide to do something, I do it. If I’m told that I can’t do something, it makes me want to prove the nay-sayer wrong.

As I look through things I wrote in journals as a child, I saw my life as very narrowly limited. And yet, I dreamed of becoming a writer. There was a voice inside me from as far back as I can remember screaming, “I will not be limited.”

I have faced challenges that most people have not, and I am stronger for having walked through them. I’m not just talking about being born and raised in the FOC, though that was certainly a strange and challenging way to start my life. I’m talking about the things I’ve walked through since I left.

I will not give up trying to make a better life for myself and my family.

I will not be beaten down.

I will not be limited.


4 comments:

  1. I admire your tenacity & strength. I think historically, I've been too easily discouraged & dissuaded. I'm ready to stop that, and I see amazing things happening in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are no longer dreaming of being a writer - you are one! Look at all the beautiful blog posts you have already created. Look at your comment stream! People from all over the world come to read your stories! Believe in yourself, get over yourself, be your authentic self!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I join you in your endeavor to make positive and powerful changes - I'm on the same path, myself! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are fortunate indeed, to have been born strong enough to have endured much suffering, encased yourself in faith, and survived.

    ReplyDelete

The catchpa has been removed to enable easier commenting. Spam and irrelevant comments will be deleted.