Friday, August 16, 2013

Day 16. Someone or something you definitely could live without #rejection #shunning

There are plenty of “someones” I can live without. I realized that when I was eighteen years old and nearly 100% of the someones I was “permitted” to associate with really wanted little or nothing to do with me. I discovered it again when, at age twenty-one, I married outside the FOC, and everyone I had known or loved up to that point shunned me.

So, to answer this question, let me just say this: I can live without ANYONE who would shun me or cut me out of their life. That’s it. And guess what? As much as I want people in my life, I’m not going to cry myself to sleep over people who clearly despise and hate me.

2 comments:

  1. It's not fun to have to deal with this- but I found that family isn't necessarily blood. And when I realized that- I have the "family" I need. Surround yourself with those that make you happy and love you for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not worth our time nor energy to waste it spent on others who shun or despise us. Nothing we can do will change them. I would try to be nice to them so I that I can look at myself and know that I am doing the right thing, despite those that are just plain ridiculous. I'm sorry that people have treated you this way. That's not cool at all.

    ReplyDelete

The catchpa has been removed to enable easier commenting. Spam and irrelevant comments will be deleted.