Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Day 13. A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough days #music #hardtimes

As I wrote yesterday, I was born without musical talent. I do enjoy both kinds of music (country and western), and Christian worship music (both the old hymns and contemporary worship music). That being said, I don’t really have a “music saved my life/soul/etc.” type of story to tell.

The closest I can come to answering this question is to say that when I am in a bad mood: feeling down, overwhelmed, etc. I have regularly been uplifted by listening to worship music at home while doing chores, or in my car while stuck in traffic.


Okay, readers: I’ll bet you can all give a better answer than mine! What band or artist has helped you through tough times?

3 comments:

  1. Music for me marks so many milestones or significant things in my life.
    I like almost all music, in worship Casting Crowns,Third Day and many others.
    Amazing how music is like a time machine, recalling where you were at that time. Happy, sad or just having a good time. Really love live music and dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have one song or genre. Like you I have a wide taste in music and it's what fits the bill at any one time. Having said that I defy anyone to listen to calypso and not smile and start to sway and feel your feet tap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucinda Williams got me through my divorce 10 years ago. My theme song became "I Lost It"

    "I think I lost it, let me know if you come across it
    Let me know if I let it fall along a back road somewhere
    Money can't replace it, no memory can erase it
    And I know I'm never gonna find another one to compare

    Gimme some love to fill me up
    Gimme some time, gimme some stuff
    Gimme a sign, gimme some kind of reason
    Are you heavy enough to make me stay?
    I feel like I might blow away
    I thought I was in Heaven, but I was only dreaming

    I think I lost it, let me know if you come across it
    Let me know if I let it fall along a back road somewhere
    Money can't replace it, no memory can erase it
    And I know I'm never gonna find another one to compare

    I just wanna live the life I please
    I don't want no enemies
    I don't want nothin' if I have to fake it
    Never take nothin' don't belong to me
    Everything's paid for, nothin's free
    If I give my heart, will you promise not to break it?

    I think I lost it, let me know if you come across it
    Let me know if I let it fall along a back road somewhere
    Money can't replace it, no memory can erase it
    And I know I'm never gonna find another one to compare

    Money can't replace it, no memory can erase it
    And I know I'm never gonna find another one to compare"

    Read more: Lucinda Williams - I Lost It Lyrics | MetroLyrics

    ReplyDelete

The catchpa has been removed to enable easier commenting. Spam and irrelevant comments will be deleted.