Saturday, August 10, 2013

Day 10. Someone you need to let go, or wish you didn’t know

Wow – this truth challenge is harsh! There’s an old saying that goes something like this: “People come into your life for a reason or a season.” Another version is: “You’re either a lesson or a blessin’.” Both sentiments ring true for my experience. Yes, I know some difficult people – I’d be willing to bet someone out there considers me one of their “difficult people.” But, each person who has been or currently is in my life has taught me something, helped me grow, or just plain been a blessing. 

4 comments:

  1. "Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go."
    Oscar Wilde

    The people that deserve to be in your life are the ones that know how incredibly lucky they are to be there, and act accordingly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have permission to decide who you want to be close to, those that are passing by "friends" and those with whom you know are toxic to you and you would rather not engage in long conversations. Your life is a light to everyone. I am having a Sunday School song that I learned about 40 years ago called, "This little light of mine" and here it is on You Tube! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCN893hzueQ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see people as either messengers or those needing to hear a message from me. This way I look at all encounters as 'holy'. Not necessarily always happy encounters, but still 'holy'. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are all difficult in some ways. Here's a quote that I find helpful...
    “Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people.” Carl Jung

    ReplyDelete

The catchpa has been removed to enable easier commenting. Spam and irrelevant comments will be deleted.