Monday, August 19, 2013

Day 19. What do you think of #religion ? Or what do you think of #politics ? #Christian #Democrat

I think religion has been misused as a way to control people. I believe in the Bible and I believe in having a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ. I am a born-again Christian. That is my religion.

Politically, I am a Democrat. That doesn’t mean I support abortion (I don’t). It means that I support education and helping people who need it. I want to keep assault weapons out of the general population, because keeping innocent people (children) safe is more important to me than the perceived rights of the NRA.


I also think that religion and politics are too-often intermingled. I have heard people in church loudly support the Republican Party, under the apparent assumption that all Christians are Republicans. That doesn’t compute with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The catchpa has been removed to enable easier commenting. Spam and irrelevant comments will be deleted.