Friday, August 9, 2013

Day 09. Someone you didn’t want to let go of

This is something very unique for a person of my age (and background): I have not lost any close relatives. My grandparents all died when I was young – my dad’s parents before I was old enough to remember them. I knew my maternal grandmother just a little bit; and, I only met my maternal grandfather once before he died.


So, to make this authentic, I will change the question to future tense: I don’t want to let go of my parents.  I think it’s scary and sad and vulgar to even think of them dying. I love living near them and that my kids get to spend time with their grandparents on a regular basis. 

4 comments:

  1. I have lost four close family members....Horrible at best.Imagine it without faith in GOD. Don't want to do that

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand the passion. When family is so tightly knit together, it can be difficult to think that you may have to survive without them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this fear. My mother was my matron of honor in my wedding, my best friend always. Now, as she is getting older and very sick, the reality of the inevitable scares me a great deal. I just try to live one day at a time and be grateful for every moment we have.

    Missy Bell

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get this but we are not here for an infinite amount of time. In a very short period of time we lost one of my sister-in-laws, one of my nephews, and my mother-in-law. The truth about life is how impermanent it really is...and that doesn't make it any easier when we lose those we love.

    Peggy

    ***
    Peggy Nolan
    http://thestepmomstoolbox.com

    ReplyDelete

The catchpa has been removed to enable easier commenting. Spam and irrelevant comments will be deleted.