Sunday, August 4, 2013

Day 04. Something You Have to Forgive Someone For

I really cannot say much. This person has done a lot of damage to me and my family, but writing about it could make it worse. Because it’s in the person’s character to seek damages, get revenge, whatever.

But, I do try to forgive. I’ve been trying to forgive for years. It’s not easy. If someone wrongs me, I can forgive them and move on. But when someone hurts those I love (my family), forgiveness is much more difficult.

It would be easier if the person would own their actions (apologize, ask forgiveness, make amends). That will probably never happen.

I think about God’s sacrifice of his only son, Jesus Christ. God forgives us sinners for whom his son had to die. There’s nothing I shouldn’t be able to forgive. I am trying.

But if ye forgive not men for their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
Matthew 6:15
I am trying.

1 comment:

  1. I often wonder, how do you let go of the past when it has such a death grip on the present? The ongoing consequences of sin, for everyone, make forgiveness that much more difficult. Yet, that is what we are called to do, and we try the best we can with God's help.

    ReplyDelete

The catchpa has been removed to enable easier commenting. Spam and irrelevant comments will be deleted.