Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Day 21. Your best friend is in a car accident and you two got into a fight an hour before. What do you do?


I drive to the hospital praying like crazy. I sit by her bedside holding her hand and pray. If she doesn’t make it, I spend the rest of my life regretting our fight. If she does make, it I spend the rest of my life making sure to be a good friend to her.

Either way, I learn to be kinder, gentler, more loving with people. I try to resolve conflicts calmly and fairly. I am a better person for having gone through so much guilt and sadness.


3 comments:

  1. Oh wow I don't even want to think about that. I can't even imagine.

    It reminds me of when my husband's mother died a few years ago. She died on Easter. I told him to call her that morning and he kept trying to put it off. I didn't let him and he called and talk to her that morning.

    I don't know what he would have done if he had put off calling her on the day she passed away because he was playing a video game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually went through this in my life. I fought with my mother and 2 days later she passed. It's been 27 years and I've carried the crutch far too long now.

    This year, I forgave myself. Now, I don't go to bed mad at anyone because you just never know what tomorrow will bring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh God! It's quite a worrying thing. I argued with my Mum yesterday, we apologised to each other, but it does prove that you have to be very careful with what you say as you never know what could happen :-(

    ReplyDelete

The catchpa has been removed to enable easier commenting. Spam and irrelevant comments will be deleted.