Sunday, August 11, 2013

Day 11. Something people seem to compliment you the most on

I get complimented on my outgoing disposition. People say I’m fearless. I think this is cool, because I used to be very introverted. I remember a teacher talking to me in the hallway at school when I was in fifth grade, and I was so mortified to be put on the spot that I ran into the bathroom in tears.

When I left the FOC and started trying out new churches, I was afraid of people talking to me. I certainly didn’t start conversations.

The first time I had to give a speech in college? I stood in front of the class shaking and speechless. Now, and for the past ten years, I lecture and speak to groups of people on a regular basis.


Regular exposure, practice, and determination have changed my previous awkward wallflower personality into a person who loves public speaking, meeting new people, and trying new things.

2 comments:

  1. Life is all about pushing at the edges of our comfort zones and once pushed they never quite return to there original limits

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats what life is all about... "twists and turns""

    ReplyDelete

The catchpa has been removed to enable easier commenting. Spam and irrelevant comments will be deleted.