Sunday, August 25, 2013

Day 25. The reason you believe you’re still alive today.


I’m often shocked that I AM alive. I’ve taken enough chances to not be. I bungeed jumped at age nineteen – what was I thinking? That was terrifying. I’ve travelled all over four continents ignoring the advice to get inoculated against serious diseases. Twice, I’ve survived an unwanted game of Russian Roulette at a range of about four feet. I’ve ridden on broken-down rickety airplanes and as a passenger with irresponsible drivers. I’ve been in a few serious car crashes (cars were totaled). I’ve nearly been hit by numerous semi-trucks, pickups, etc.  

I believe I’m alive because I have unfinished business. The most pressing of which is raising my children to be successful, god-fearing, productive members of society.

While I’m alive I hope that God will entrust me with meaningful tasks of service, encouragement, etc.


Readers: why do you believe you’re still alive?

1 comment:

  1. I, too, believe I'm here for my kids, and now to be the best husband & stepdad I can. God bless you as you raise your kids!

    ReplyDelete

The catchpa has been removed to enable easier commenting. Spam and irrelevant comments will be deleted.